Search Engine

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Leaving Books in Public Places for Others to Read


I love books.

Now whenever I finish reading a book while on a GO train, in a park or on a Airplane, I leave it behind and hope that somebody will find it, pick it up and read it. If you have found a book on a bus in Toronto, a train in California, a Ferry in British Columbia or in a bar in Texas in the last few years, chances are that it was one of mine. I hope you enjoyed it and read it.

When leaving books in public places, I have the  imagination of somebody finding it whose life will be touched, or even changed, by the book.  I am aware that the book is probably more likely to end up in the garbage or never recovered, but still each time I leave a book behind, I wonder who will read it next. This is where i found www.bookcrossing.com that helps us make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments