Search Engine

Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Sperry Topsider Call Center Experience

I have a defective boat shoe product from Sperry Topsider so I contact the call center since I paid almost $200 for the shoes

After 7 calls to a busy number i finally get through

Press 3 for returns

Press 2 for returns of a defective product

The message tells you to mail it to their RMA address in the USA and choose 3 styles in case they decide to replace it. I basically have to ship it using a tracking code at my expense. This will cost me $20 and I am not sure if I need to pay return shipping.

International callers need to press 2 where a thank you message comes on and then a disconnect

I call back and end up pressing 8 for further help

The message directs me to a website that can answer all my questions but the website cannot hence my voice call for customer service assistance

They apologize for the service due to a high phone call volumes

Press 1 to leave a voice mail or send us an email to customerservice@sperrytopsider.com

I leave a voice mail with a return telephone number and i also send an email

I do not get a call, I do not get a return email

24 hours later I try again but this time I wish to speak to a live agent

I call again and I try calling though the regular customer service queue and after 22 minutes in the queue I am disconnected

I call again and after 18 minutes of waiting I give up

I try again and go through the return menu prompts and while listening to music i check my emails and voice mails to see if they called as promised from yesterdays activity. No such luck.

I keep checking the website and cannot find and warranty information whatsoever.

Their call center is open 8am-10pm EST during the week and 9am-8pm on weekends. That is a good sign that they are staffed for taking calls.

After another 17 minutes, I finally get through and am told I need to fill out paperwork and send the shoes to the united states for evaluation. If I am lucky, I get a replacement pair, if I am not then I paid $20 to ship them for evaluation and will still have a defective pair of shoes.

I am promised an RMA form by email within 5 minutes of the call.

Here is what i got:

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your defective merchandise.  We apologize that your experience with our product has been less than satisfactory.

If you are not able to return the shoes to the original place of purchase, please attach:
-       A picture of the defect
-       A picture of all of the information listed under the tongue section of the shoe
-       A picture showing that you have cut the tongues out of the shoe (straps for sandals). This is a requirement of our auditing department to guarantee the shoes are out of circulation.

Please also complete the form included below.

Please note that we do have a return policy arrangement with all retailers for assistance in in potential manufacturing issues.  *** We do not currently ship outside of the US, except for Canada, APO or FPO addresses.
Once we receive the completed form and pictures, we will send a replacement in the same category and value.

International Customers (Excluding Canada)
If you are an international customer, we can send a replacement to a US address or, if a receipt is provided, send a check for the purchase price of the shoe. If a receipt is not available, we will send a check in the amount of the value of the shoe. The check will be in US dollars.


Please note all replacements are final. Acceptance of a check will close the claim.

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE SHOES MUST BE DESTROYED BEFORE THEY CONFIRM THAT THEY WILL BE REPLACED AND THEY MAY BE REPLACED WITH AN ITEM THAT YOU MAY NOT WANT OR THEY WILL NOT BE REPLACED AT ALL and even if you DESTROYED THE SHOE

I would rather they repair the shoe but they are not set up to do this.

hmmmmm...now what shall I do?

so a few days later I still have not received and email or return telephone call as promised from the original call. If I relied on their customer service staff responding I still would be waiting.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments